Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Edward is my homie

I powered up my *new laptop* with the intention of briefly checking a few sites before starting on my nightly homework, but noticed that my dear friend Megan had tag lined me in her blog (barefootcopycat.blogspot.com), and I started to just comment back on her page, then suddenly realized I had written about 4 paragraphs and that it might be better if I didn't blog on her blog.

I sensed some doubt and cynicism from Megan concerning my pop culture awarenessometer.. She referenced Edward Cullen in her blog but didn't think I knew about him. I happen to have seen the movie and totally know who Edward is, which I vaguely if not directly referred to in my last blog, where I talked about vampires on sleds eating wayward tourists. Duh Megan. I'm like a dang authority on Edwardism.

I also saw a picture of the lost boys I mean vampire boys I mean shirtless men that were cast for roles in the upcoming movie. At first I was going to make a crack about being a cougar crushing on teenagers but further examination revealed that these fellows are more like 22 at least (which is still pretty cougarish for old bats our age, but hey, legal is legal).

Now, I have to confess that I have not yet read the Edward saga. I'm the only female between 12 and 137 that can make this claim. Everyone keeps telling me "OMG are you for real these are the best books EEVVAARR you so need to read them Edward iiisss sssssssssooooooo hhhootttt!" Um...he's in your head. Well, he was to start with. And he is sparkly. Dang it. Other men are just ruined forever. Thanks a lot Edward...now I can never even look at anyone else. Even if somehow, some way, some day, I did, I'd have to carry a can of iridescent spray paint to coat him with before I could even consider. Can't you see it? Me chasing a man around the park trying to paint his face? I'd probably accidently spray a little kid and get thrown in jail.

Back to the reading part, I'm house sitting this December on my Christmas break (yea I know...I can hardly stand the excitement either!), and plan to use part of that time slot to curl up in front of the heater vent with a stack of non-school books that do not mention anything about "gastrointestinal reflux disease" or that have the words "sella tursica" printed in them. I might even make a picture blog about it. Just for Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment